I Forge Iron

Thompson MFG Co. Grand Bay New Brunswick (Canada) forge/blower

• 10 months later...

I've heard of that company before, the Thompson Mfg. Co. made a post drill on (or was on) display in the Cumberland Museum in Cumberland B.C. (on Vancouver Island). Up until the 1960's Cumberland was a major coal mining town. It just goes to show the distribution that occurs with various goods. And also shows the variety of products a company will manufacture.

There are pictures of the post drill in the photo gallery at Forgemagic.com
(link thru: http://www.forgemagic.com/bsgview.php?photo=1390&cat=&by=Don%20Shears)

Don Shears

• 1 year later...

What pictures would you like? I also know of a Thompson blower that has the original cast base that I can probably get some pictures of.

I'm working with the towns heritage committee so any photos or information on this factory and its products would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Do you need my e-mail address?

I'm working with the towns heritage committee so any photos or information on this factory and its products would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Do you need my e-mail address?

OK, we'll let him email pictures to you BUT one of you HAVE to post them here! I'll also check to see if I have any of their equipment and post/send pictures, but IIRC my stuff is either Canade Otto or Champion/Buffalo

• 1 year later...