I Forge Iron

Steel Identification

Hi Guys,
I found a couple items at the local scrap yard that i can't identify. I tested them for spark, and hardening, and they both look like tool steel. I have severl lists of what common scraps are composed of, but that assumes you know what you're holding.
here are a couple pics.

Thanks for the info.
VK

There are 2 different objects, anyone know what they are, if not the type of steel?
12191.attach 12192.attach 12193.attach 12194.attach 12195.attach

Picture 4 and 5 look like a slide pin of some sorts. It looks similar to a pin in NP205 tranfer case. The 2 dips are for some type of stop to catch as it slides. The heavy rust on one end is what stuck outside of the equipment. The slight rust next to the heavy is the part that slid in and out. That is my meager forensic analysis. I wouldn't have a clue what type of metal though.

The first one I'm not sure what it is.The last one is a Kingpin from the front axle of a truck.I have one that was made into a punch , and one I made into a chisel it works ok.I haven't got the heat treatment right though,it's still a little soft on the cutting edge.

Thanks for the replies.

The piece that is threaded has 3 shallow holes (non threaded) filled with grease. The opposite (threaded) side has a center drilled hole (non threaded) also filled with grease.

Kingpin huh, interesting, I was puzzled because of the flats in the middle of the cylinder, you can see where it was worn in that area, almost like a slide stop on a pistol (same type of wear pattern). I looks like an enormous retainer pin.