I Forge Iron

G'Day to all

Bully

G'Day all another Aussie joining the site got myself some tongs and in the process of putting a forge together (brake drum) met up with another Aussie Dale Russell (Top Fella) last week which was great as he showed me some basics and even my 2 kids (think he's created 3 more Blacksmiths to the world as we loved it) Had been collecting old metal for a number of years, hooks, tools, hammers bits and pieces hence the interest so finally about time I did something other than handle it and wonder how they ever made it. Time to go hands on. Great site been learning heaps. Would like to source a anvil eventually but my railway track is working fine at my level. Cheers stay safe. Bully

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Good to have ya come aboard and to have your kids interested in this fine art is fantastic! Check out the home page as there are links for getting started but I guess you have already found that. Great for Dale also, to have 3 newbies to take under his wing and guide you. You are a looky man to have someone close to learn from. Once again, welcome.