I Forge Iron

Intro

teleth87

Hello everyone,

My name is Rob, and I've been looking for a hobby to keep me busy during my free time. I'm stationed in Augusta, GA, and have recently purchased a house here. I've been looking to get involved with some sort crafting hobby, and blacksmithing really interests me. I came upon this website using Google, read a few posts and ultimately decided to create an account.

Would anyone know of a place in Augusta where a friend (magicone77) and I could possibly attend a class or seminar on blacksmithing? I am new to this, but I'm very interested in this particular type of craft. My house comes with a decently sized backyard, and I'd like to eventually build my own shop and forge. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all in advance,

Rob

Hi welcome to IFI. You have found the right place for metalwork. Before
u build anything i would advise you to wear safety glasses (goggles )for pretty much anything exept drinking beer lol. I mean things like grinding,cutting, welding, hammering etc etc. Ask all the questions necessary
because you will have some in the future.

Eric