I Forge Iron

greetings from barnstorm forge!

barnstormer

Hello, everyone. Seems like a vibrant board you have here and I'm happy to join in.
I've been smithing, on and off, for about 20 of my 30 years and have been full-time for the last 5, or so. Being based out of the midwest (IL) and having an outdoor smithy, things can get challenging in the winter but that's half the fun! (overly positive?) Among other things, i'm joining to get some suggestions on a hood system but i'll leave that for another thread.
Looking forward to some stimulating discussion!
*ping, ping, ping...*

Welcome aboard . . . Again. ;)

If you'll click on "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location you'll discover all the folk living close enough for a visit. It'll also save us old farts the trouble of trying to remember who's close by when we're traveling and want a hot meal or a warm bed.

If you do a search of IFI for "side draft hood" you'll find plans, discussions, etc. I don't know if anything much has been discussed about making an overhead hood work but a search should bring anything up.

Frosty