I Forge Iron

Made some tools for my flypress

imagedude

All tooling has a 1 inch spiggot, a standard size for larger flypresses.

So far I've made the bottom bolster, a set of fullering dies, a v bender and a punch which is fitted to a 1" to 19mm adaptor. I made the adaptor because I've got about 20kg of 19mm H13.

IMG_0335_1_.jpg

Here I'm turning the spiggot for the top V block, it is an interference fit. The spiggot was left in the freezer for a few hours to shrink a wee bit and the block was heated to enlarge the hole. They're not coming apart again, ever.

IMG_0334_1_.jpg

Here's some 19mm bar that I bent, I also flared one end into an angle shape. This may be useful for making gouges etc. I also punched a hole into a piece of 6mm steel.

IMG_0338_1_.jpg
IMG_0340_1_.jpg

Here's a pair of dies with a slight convex face, used for setting the weld when making pattern welded steel. Hopefully the convex shape will push the flux out of the billet as it gets pressed. This should reduce the amout of crap that gets trapped in the billet.

Here I'm putting a 11" diameter convex radius on the end of a bar of H13 (2" square)
IMG_0346_1_.jpg
Hopefully you can see the finished radius in this photo.
IMG_0347_1_.jpg

here's the finished dies:

IMG_0352_1_.jpg

Hoot! That's a flypress! So, the weights are simply held in place with gravity, and you haven't yet installed them in the first photo? Are you holding a part to a smaller press in the second photo? How are flypresses rated and where is your big press on that rating scale?

My son likes your bicycle. Seems there is a resurgence of the classic road bikes (the retro bike), and apparently yours has possibilities. ;)

Hoot! That's a flypress! So, the weights are simply held in place with gravity yes, and you haven't yet installed them in the first photo? Are you holding a part to a smaller press in the second photo? A fly arm from a size 6 press How are flypresses rated and where is your big press on that rating scale?
It's a size 10
My son likes your bicycle. Seems there is a resurgence of the classic road bikes (the retro bike), and apparently yours has possibilities. ;)

It's my old road bike circa 1982. It's a hand built frame (Reynolds 531 tubing) with good quality components. e.g. Shimano 600 series train, handbuilt wheels, Brooks seat...