I Forge Iron

Anyang 33lb oiler [help]

I am having problem with the oiler ,no matter how much I adjust the oiler it still seems to be to much oil.While using the hammer for about 10 min the oil in the reservoir will be used and splaterd around the shop floor.I know this is not the way the hammer is supposed to work.But the little bit of work I was able to do was amazing and Cant wait to work out the kinks.And one more thing how hot should the hammer get .AND THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO HELP ME IRON OUT THE KINKS.....best regards.

Kasper
take te adjusting screws out and they are now 45 degrees.
sharpen them to 25-30 degres than you'll be able to control ahe amount of drops.
not more then 3-4 drops aminute.
there is another way - take again the screws out put in a 1/4'' ball bearing steel ball and suport it with a very light spring and here you have a drop control and a nonreturen valve together
Hofi

Kasper... What I have done is to install a combination checkvalve and flow control valve on the oil line. I have not had any problems with the new oilers, but on the old oilers, there was a combination of check valve and flow control problems. I have put this valve on my older machines and it works great. Give me a call and I can get one out to you tomorrow.

Regards, James