I Forge Iron

Chat room

I have been an active member of the iforgeiron chat room since it was started. I enjoy the folks that partake and I have learned so much from those willing to share. Certainly it is a social, rather unstructured setting and that suits me just fine. Chat may run through a lot of side issues but just as soon can turn into a discussion of.."how can I do this?" That will bring comments from folks with a wide diversity of knowledge and we can sort out what it is that fits our needs and put thm into our "play book" I also enjoy that fact that when new folks come in with questions that we have seen repeated over the years frequently they are answered as if they have never been posed before. One of the folks will step up and guide the person along like an old friend.
The room runs under a loose guideline of conduct that is not difficult to understand and I find easy to align with. I like to think of them as "mamas rules" No profanities, treat each other with respect, and keep in mind it is age, gender, and group friendly.
Lately I have noticed that now and then one of the room moderators has had to step in and remind us of "Mamas rules". In a perfect room world I don't think that should be necessary. I would like to think that if I were to ask a moderator what they do when in the room that the answer would be; nothing. But then again I do live in my own little fantasy world.
The point of this diatribe is just this; If something in the chat seems off or you feel that it is not comfortable then maybe we could take a step back and rethink how to get it back where it could be. If you have an issue that is best not discussed in an open forum there is the private message feature than can keep your messages out of view from the room and maybe you can work out an issue man a mano,(sorry I do not know how to make that gender neutral) I have not seen big issues. but at times a off color word or a difference in opinion can surface. Its fun and I enjoy and learn. Thanks.