I Forge Iron

Interesting

ross_lad

Hello all,
I joined about a month or 2 ago but i never formally introduced myself. I'm 17 and I started smithing in August 2007. I hope to be a lifelong smith even if just for a hobby. This year I actually did my Senior Project on the history of blacksmithing. I hope to learn all i can from all of you, and I welcome any criticism and advice. thanks and God bless.
-Ross

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Good to have you join up. I'm only 54 and still learning...hope I continue to learn up to the time I am called Home. If ya got ?'s all you have to do is ask, shoot, you'd be surprised as to what we can come up with for an answer.;) Once again, welcome.

Where in LA are you? I'm only 50miles east of Shreveport.

Welcome to IFI,
I'd say I feel sorry for you living in LA but you probably don't feel quite the same as I do from my stay at Hotel Fort Polk... That piece of real estate is the most loathsome place I've ever had the honor to tread.

Glad to have ya here though where the fires always warm and the people are just plain good folk.

thanks for the warm welcome! As for where I am, Mr. Dean, i live on the exact opposite shore of Lake Ponchartrain to New Orleans in a wonderful old town called Covington. I will however be playing lacrosse teams from shreveport this season.

rainsfire, our projects would probably look and sound incredibly similar, haha. Did you use Alex Bealer's "The Art of Blacksmithing" as a source?