I Forge Iron

Hello another newbie!

Mark5022

Hello, :lol:
My name is Mark and I like digitalizing books online for everyone to read. My website www.lostcrafts.com houses some of my work. My current project is Blacksmithing. I have always been facinated with blacksmithing.

I grew up in eastern Kentucky and my grandfather was a farm blacksmith and make caskets, wagon parts, and horse shoes etc... His shop had a big blower that was operated by turning a crank, that was my job, to turn the crank. But anyway, I have started adding some blacksmithing books online for everyone to read and enjoy. Here is the link to the first book "Modern Blacksmithing - Rational Horse Shoeing and Wagon Making 1901" http://www.lostcrafts.com/Blacksmith-Main.html I plan on add more as time allows.

Welcome Mark, You have found a great source here for blacksmith knowledge and the friendship we share.I'm enjoying your website. I was born and schooled in Harlan, Ky and left home to work in Chicago where the money was. I still consider the years in the mountains my best. I now live in the farmlands south of Chicago and am enjoying retirement by smithing and spending time with these fellows here.