I Forge Iron

Elmer Roush Demo

Next Meeting: January 17 2009
10am-4:30pm

Elmer will be doing a demonstration on tool making. This will be a teaser demo for the upcoming classes he will be teaching at the Yesteryear School on tool making.

Come on out and join us for a great demo packed with a lot of knowledge!

Don't forget something for Iron in the Hat!

Peyton

• 2 weeks later...

This is bloody scary! I moved from Cumberland county last year, and could never find anyone to smite with. Yesteryear forge, Amelia? I think I met the owner one time, he and his son manhandled a 5cwt brooks from the back of a truck! stout boys. I live in King George now, I would like to come to see a demo on tool making. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET! Where in Crewe, I used to sell mineing equipment, and came through Crewe on my way to Luck Stone, down 460 (or maybee 360). Let me know.
Paul
It's not over... Untill we win!!

Yeah those are the guys...they did carry that 560 pound monster from the truck to the stand. Needless to say they are MY friends!!!

The demo will be at the school which is on site at Tanner Tool and Machine. It is in between the two Southside Electric Buildings on thwe way out of Crewe...heading to Luck Stone.

Here is a link to the guild NEWS page. There is a place you can click from there to get exact directions through google maps.
Blacksmith Guild of Viriginia - Home

Elmer will also be teaching two classes the week after the demo as well if you are interested in that.

Let me know...I can help you on all levels here.

Peyton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo, finally heard back from Steve. He was out of town, and now that December is over I can start concentrating on how to get into this more seriously. I'm still tossing option on anvil around. I'd hate to pay good money for a junk starter anvil. Lots of junk is available on ebay, and new ones are pricey. Maybe I can use someone's till I really get going here. I may be at the Jan meeting this Saturday. Later.