I Forge Iron

bdsmac

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Billy and I am just getting started in blacksmithing. I own and opperate a small welding and machine shop here in Fresno,CA and decided to get into blacksmithing as a hobby. I hope I will not annoy all of you with my many questions. Looking forward to talking with all of you

Billy Simmons
BDS Machining

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! You won't annoy us, ask away. Altohough most questions have been as and you can find them in the volumes of archives, (you might want to check there first) please feel free to ask. If I may, go to the green bar at the top, click on "User CP" and update you profile giving your location. This will then stay with each post you make and will really help you, and us, in the future. Once again, welcome.

Welcome to I Forge Iron Billy.
Thanks for giving us your location, it helps us a bunch should we know of someone, or an event that is in your area that would be of help to you!
On the Home Page of I Forge Iron, located in the right hand column you will find a very useful list of categories or topics that should be of help to you.
Here is the URL to the “California Blacksmith Association” http://www.calsmith.org/
Hopefully they may help you get squared away with what materials and training is available locally, and help you find someone in your area for you to associate with.
In the mean time, I suggest that you read a lot, visit often, ask a lot of questions, but be sure to enjoy the trip!
Ted Throckmorton