I Forge Iron

New forges/to me

I was at a 10 day demo last week and a fella came up and asked me if I needed another one of those (coal forge) as he pointed to my forge. I got his name and number and when the 10 day show was over I contacted him. He was shelling beans but agreed to meet me. When I pulled in the barn lot sitting out side the barn was a forge table and firepot. the firepot was beyond repair but the table and legs were in great shape. I bought the forge and ordered a vulcan firepot from centaur foerge that arrived yesterday. I also have a hand blower that I bought a year ago that I will fit to it tomorrow.

Life is good

9100.attach

9101.attach

9102.attach

9103.attach

9104.attach

9105.attach

There is a factory arm for this type that holds the blower in a position for the smith, I bought one the other day, and it was all still in good shape, I just removed the blower and put on a mechanical / electric blower. As my quench tub sits next to the forge, I use the forebay to hold extra tongs and stuff. This is by far the favorite forge in my collection.

Curly George,
Stan's has the original blower and I'm sure he'll remind me of that.LOL

Mike,
This forge has the holes and bolts for the cast arm and blower but they are not there. However it also has a mount underneath for a piece of 1" pipe to slide into and I have a blower with the same style mount so that should be a quick set up.
I am headed out to the shop now. I will take some pix of the mount and hopefully I will have pix of the blower mounted by lunch time.

John

Here are some pictures of the blower mount and the blower. The mount on the forge had 2 depressions in the casting were the bolt holes needed to be. I drilled and tapped the mounts for 3/8" bolts. I will probably bend the pipe arm in two places to raise the blower up about 6". It is a little low for me. Other than that it seems to be a good stable setup.

John

9129.attach

9130.attach

9131.attach