I Forge Iron

Hello From Mid-Michigan!

Windknot

Hello from The Tri-Cities!

I WAS a hobbyist Farrier for a few years until a screwed up my back. I've had a propane forge, anvil and a couple of tools sitting around the garage for a few years collecting dust.

I was doing some repairs on a trailer at our hunting camp and pulled out my rounding hammer and went to town bending some metal. Within 10 minutes, I couldnt roll my sleeves down because my "Hammer Arms" came back....It felt good to be using the muscles again and I decided right then and there that it was time to do SOMETHING with the tools that I had.

I've got a couple of 5 gallon buckets full of old horseshoes and another full of HC RR Spikes and now i've gotta find some projects to do.

I love sharing what I do with others, so other than providing me with hours of mental down-time, I'd like to do stuff that I can give to family and friends. RR Spike knives, horseshoe book holders etc. As my skills progress, I'd like to explore knife forging more.

Thanks for letting me in.....

Windknot

Hey pal,
welcome, this site has soooo much on it, some good stuff on rr spikes I was just looking at, by the way, the Michigan area blacksmith association is a great bunch, and they have meets all over the place. I am an at large member, but hope to make their christmas dinner thing. Good luck with the forging.