I Forge Iron

metalmaster1766

My name is Ron Smith, i live in Cincinnati Ohio, i just turned 40 a few short days ago, married my sweetheart /bestfriend 17 years ago, we met 23 years ago, we have 2 boys 1 grandchild, i just started blacksmithing 6 months ago, was a machinist since high school up till Oct 2000, which i miss very much, had to take an early retirement, or disability as they call it, due to health problems, i had a kidney transplant 5 years ago this Jan 2nd, going on my 2nd pancreas transplant, and if all goes well im headed back to work part time,
iv done a little of welding over the years, mostly precision machining, always wanted to get into building street rods (money & time kept me from it) now i have all the time in the world to do it just no money LOL, so i make what i can with anything i can, wish i would have taken up smithing 20 years ago, the internet got me started when i came across the Backyard Metal Casting site, missed machining so much i built the Gingery lathe so i could make metal chips again, i do some foundry work to pass the time, well enough already

Ron Smith