I Forge Iron

New Guy Here

Uncle Levi

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to blacksmithing, but have done a little forge work. I have a complete mobile blacksmith set-up and I just got a new permanent forge and hood made for my shop. I have lots of hammers, tongs, three post vises, two anvils, and a post drill as well as bending and cutting hardies I've made. And tools I used before blacksmithing like a welder,an acetylene set, a grinder, a drill press, bench vise. I hope to get my shop forge set up set up in the next couple weeks as well as my wood stove in my shop so I can start working all winter in the shop. I really hope to have a good time here and learn a lot from you guys who know your way around 'smithing. I've already gained some great info here. I live in very northern North Dakota and besides blacksmithing, like flyfishing, playing my banjo and mandolin, Indian and Mountain man history , ham radio, and just messing around on my 10 acres with my wife, Jo. I'm a retired AF electronics technician and now I drive a semi on day-trips and local area delivering roof and floor trusses for a local truss manufacturer. Hope to talk to all of you much.