I Forge Iron

Hello from East Texas

Svarog

Svarog,
This is a great site. It am still amazed at the willingness of the blacksmiths to share their knowledge. I am just south of San Antonio. I belong to Balcones Forge. They cover the San Antonio, Austin and Highland Lakes area. I know you are a ways from Houston. They have the Houston Area Blacksmith Association. There may be an association further up your way. These are a great source of information and education.
Good luck and enjoy the site,
Jerry

Hey neighbor! I'm just west of Hallsville. Glad to see someone close by join up here. Yes, there are some groups 'sorta' close to us. '4statesironmunchers' ( www.fourstatesironmunchers.com ) is in Texarkana, great bunch of folks up there. They meet on the 3rd of each month. The Southeast Region of Saltfork Craftsmen and Blacksmith Association ( Saltfork Craftsmen ) meet in Paris on the 1st Sat of each month. They are also a great bunch of folks to play with. Then there is the NTBA that meet in the Dallas area ( North Texas Blacksmiths Association ). They meet on the 2nd of each month.

Here are 2 places: C&M Horse Shoe Sales, P. O. Box 249, Conroe, Texas 77305, 1-800-392-7002. (Conroe is about 30 miles north of Houston)

Texas Farrier Supply, 603 S. New Hope Rd., Kennedale, Texas 76060, 1-800-777-2725. (Kennedale is southeast of Ft. Worth, near loop 820.).

Also, LaGrand & Sons 612 So. Lelia Texarkana, Texas 75503 and the Saltfork group has coal.

I just bought 500# from Robb Gunter in Tejeras, NM @ $12.00 per 50#bag. Great coal, it is what SWABA was using at the N.M. State Fair while I was there last week.

Update your profile to allow private massages and I will give you my phone no. I have some I will sell if you need some to get by til you can get to one of these places.