I Forge Iron

Some of my knives

R.C.Edmondson

About a week ago I got ahold of some weed eater edger baldes from the junk yard. I bought 50 of them for 10.00, and figured I might just be able to make something out of them, Not a hole lot of forging can be done with them because they are thin but they tempered very well and stay shaving sharp even after cutting up a thick phone book, I have not yet put handles on them, the biggest knife is made from a old leaf spring, I beat on that thing for DAYS!!!! and then SANDED ON IT FOR DAYS, Just imagine how long it took me to cut it out with a jewelers saw, I also put the file work in them , These are my first knives and I am very proud of them, Thanks to everyone for all their help, Godbless,Charlie Edmondson

Really nice! One of my sons found & gave me two of the trimmimg blades that you show in your third pic. I might have to make him a knife out of it as a thank you.
I really like the nice file work on the edges. That would make a great BP for a lot of us.

Mitch