I Forge Iron

B&W and DTX anvils

I may be in the market for a new anvil in the spring, on a somewhat limited budget. I really like the looks of the DTX anvils, and I’m not far from Blacksmith Supply, so I could save on shipping costs. The thing I’m not crazy about is that they’re cast in China, they also appear to be just like the B&W anvils which are also cast in China. Do any of you here have any personal experience or knowledge of these two anvil brands?

Thanks for the response Irondragon. I’ve got a while to research so their anvils will definitely be considered, and in my price range. I really like the south German pattern, and particularly their take on it. My dad has a 275 pound Refflinghaus South German pattern that I’m familiar with, and I like the narrow face, the flat horn, the hardie hole on the same side as the round horn. I have also used a 140 pound Peter Wright anvil, and while a very good anvil I’m not fond of the London pattern. Which particular model Holland anvil do you have experience with?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 4:42 PM, Irondragon Forge ClayWorks said:

I don't have any experience with them, However I have had experience with Holland Anvil in MI and highly recommend them.

Semper Paratus

"I don't have any experience with them" either but I've got a 1939 Ford with a wiring problem you might help me with.