I Forge Iron

Swolen kastolite

Pigsticker

Hello all and happy thanksgiving.This is specific question. Im filling in a new double burner forge (hexagon) w kastolite and metrakote. I got 60% done last weekband set the forge in a cooler w 2" of water. I went to check on it yesterday and kinda tried to lift it up by the inside of the forge and i could feel the kaowool had increased in size thicker than it was after rigidizing. Is this reswell normal. In about 3 days ill take forge outta cooler and lay new mixed kastolite upon arrival. 1) Should i remove the forge from humidity box before i recoat or should i just go on top of the wettest kastolite i can keep it inside the forge already. 2) My last question is is the reswelling of kaowool natural. Im terrified of kaowool. If youre not mad, angry or just posting to say your busy, your ideas would be greatly appreciated. Hope yal had a great tday all and are ready for holiday season.

Thanks in advance

At this point, I can only suggest that you drill two of three 1/8" diameter holes in the bottom of the forge shell, and slowly heat the forge for a few minutes at a time, to turn all that water trapped under the hard refractory layer safely to steam; otherwise, there will be cracking or worse (steam explosion), during the forced drying of the Kast-O-lite.