I Forge Iron

New Spruce Forge Manual of Locksmithing.

teenylittlemetalguy

The New Spruce Forge Manual of Locksmithing: A Blacksmith’s Guide to Simple Lock Mechanisms

Authors; Denis Frechette and Bill Morrison

ISBN 9781733325004

304 pages.

As Blacksmiths many of us take pride in having a wide grasp of the methods and procedures required to make items and make them function well.

The New Spruce Forge Manual of Locksmithing offers many new skills for your own projects while you work your way through examples of classic locks. From a dead simple pipe lock to nifty trunk and gate locks. 

I was very excited to get my hands on this book. It opens with a few short sections of basics to help a complete neophyte be successful, but the bulk of the book jumps right into the meat and potatoes a Blacksmith needs to know for making locks, giving us not only dimensions but also shows you ways to build to and maintain the precision needed for success. 

One of the co-Authors of the book was well known to me because of his small You-Tube channel “DF in the shop”.  Dennis’ channel is well worth subscribing to and includes some contents on locks as well as lots of great advice on Blacksmithing in general. 

My Honest opinion is that if you took the time to read a review on this book it would likely be a great addition to your library and well worth the time if you would like to add some locks to your lineup of products you can offer.