I Forge Iron

New here looking for a chain

I'm in the process of remodeling a small house. It will have a pretty big hearth and fireplace. On one side of the fireplace I'm building a place to store 3 rifles.  I want to be able to lock the rifles into the hearth.  The plan is to imbed some type of a chain that can be ran through the trigger guards and locked with a big antique lock of some sort.  I'm looking for ideas, or possibly just a hand forged chain that I can you.  If this question is not allowed here, sorry, I'm looking for a solution. 

Welcome from the Ozark mountains. I you are looking for a blacksmith to make a chain or any other way to secure the rifles, it would help to know where in the world you are located. If that is the case, I would suggest posting in the Tailgating section after reading the rules for posting there. There are many ways to secure the rifles by forging solid steel bars beside chain. Although a forged chain with fancy links would look good.  A picture of the area would help.

Welcome aboard from 7500' in SE Wyoming.  Glad to have you.

Yes, I can think of several possible ways of securing the rifles, but, as Irondragon says, we can't offer much until we know where you are.  This is a world wide forum and you could be in Kansas, Lapland, or Tasmania.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Good Morning, 7898

There are distinct Rules for storing Firearms, different in a lot of Countries. Some countries have a penalty of death, for owning a center-fire Rifle. The safest way to store a firearm is out of eye-sight, preferably in a Lockable place. Some counties demand this be in a Vault as well as having a trigger lock.

Neil