I Forge Iron

Please, help identify/date this anvil

Greetings

Please help me identify/date this anvil. It was purchased in Germany (though, I do not know if it was manufactured in Germany). Estimated weight 200 kg, measurements in mm height 390, face 500 X 170, step 120 X 130, horn 185 length, hardy hole 30 X 30, rebound around 90%. You can see some marks made in the foot, some blacksmith testing how sharp was a chisel (or a bunch of them) 

zeXVC8f.jpg

J9Doior.jpg

38HkKiy.jpg

to6mwZA.jpg

stz6D5H.jpg

Eq4MBap.jpg

hSBeLup.jpg

RYixeMk.jpg

Thanks

Hello,

the form of your anvil could be identified as "Dutch with a doublehorn". I quote a catalogue of S&H here, which lists this form as "Holländischer, ohne Brust, mit Doppelhorn". It could've been made anywhere around the late 19th up to early 20th century.

I hope that helped at least a little.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for your reply. I am asking about the anvil on the top, but it has only a single horn. Eventhough the anvil is single horned it is called doublehorn? Thanks

Julianb you seem to be very knowledgeable about German tools. I would like to kindly ask if you can identify the scissors I posted here 

as being Made in Germany Solingen? Thanks

Edited by Mod30
Remove @name tag

Yes, it refers to the single horn, because it is partly flat and partly round, so two parts of horn in one, so to say.

I think it’s necessary to make a difference between double horned anvils and anvils with a doublehorn. :D

Thank you for the flowers, but I’m not nearly as knowledgeable as it somehow seems! But as I happen to live in Solingen, I’ll try to activate some contacts in the local museum to find out more about your pair of scissors. :)