I Forge Iron

Shipment Arrived

Finally got this shipment in today.  It's been a long time coming.  They need some cleanup, but look pretty good.  The larger one is a Refflinghaus. (362 lbs.)  The smaller one is a Soderfors. (225 lbs.)  The vise is German. (approx. 130 pounds) Sorry for the crummy pics, but I was in a hurry to get these unloaded and put away.

IMG_1888.thumb.jpg.2f006916e08fa78c208bc208b2b87a82.jpg

IMG_1889.thumb.jpg.f0859fa657bb5e23f5ba11a5c2b0b100.jpg

IMG_1890.thumb.jpg.ab3eb3be2ae9dcfc36d74156c12f8cfc.jpg

IMG_1891.thumb.jpg.d16e60ec570830398476843dc102e0ba.jpg

This shipment came from Austria.  It took a good while.  It could be that the shipper was waiting to get a full load to go to the port, I don't know.  I don't really remember when they shipped, but it took at least 3 months.  I ordered them a good while back, but had them hold the shipment because I was out of the country at one point, and I didn't want them to arrive when I was gone.  I had another shipment once before, and they came from Italy.

I don't know without doing some figuring, but it was a lot.  Especially when you add in the customs fees, taxes, and Stateside shipping, etc...  I don't even care to think about it to tell you the truth.  For the whole shipment, it added about 33%, I think.