I Forge Iron

Hello

Matt in NY

I have had an interest of sorts in Blacksmithing since I was a kid. We had an old portable forge that was my Great Grandfathers and I always had it in the back of my head to do something with it. That notion has moved to the front of my head now: I am preparing to buy an anvil and give it a whack.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI!. Well you found THE place for anything metal. Wealth of information here and plenty of willing folks to help out. We just need a little information from you. Go to the top of the page and click on "User CP" in the green bar, there you will be able to update your profile giving you location. I know NY ain't as big as TEXAS but none the less it is bigger than Dallas, right?;) Anyway, this will help when you have questions that you can't find an answer to. Like 'where can I find coal around here' or 'does anyone know how to make an elephant key? I need to unlock his trunk.' Ok, that one is corney (BIG TIME) but I think you get the idea. When you find that anvil and start putting your thought to reality, take a shot of it and post it in the gallery, we LOVE pictures! Once again, welcome.