I Forge Iron

Andiron age

RAW

Trying to place a date or maker of these andirons. They are made from steel and brass. looking at the bent formed steel under the legs there appears to be marks from a grinder. My first thought was they were made during the arts and craft period. But could they be mid century? Could not locate a makers mark anywhere. Sorry for the three dots on the third photo they are water spots on the camera lens. Any input would be appreciated.

IMG_3396.JPG

IMG_3401_InPixio.jpg

IMG_3397 (2)_InPixio.jpg

IMG_3398_InPixio.jpg

IMG_3399_InPixio.jpg

IMG_3400_InPixio.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Raw!

Can you give us a bit more about where you are and how these came into your possession? That might give us more to work from.

That said, I think your A&C guess is possibly right. Are the front parts solid or hollow?

That's what I thought; the fourth photo seems to show that they're made from round pipe hammered hexagonal, split for the legs, and with some kind of metal pieces added to fill in the split faces. I'm thinking roughly 1930s; they have the feel of a cross between Spanish Colonial Revival and WPA.