I Forge Iron

I joined, I read, I am learning

gimperfi

A friendly greeting to all. I hail from Charlottesville Va. Home of Thomas Jefferson and the UVa. Cavaliers. Since childhood I've had a fasination with edged weapons. Consequently I have made many attempts at creating a useful cutting tool using Wayne Goddards book THE FIFTY DOLLAR KNIFE SHOP as my guide. I've probably forged 50 railroad spikes in his one brick forge. One, I streched to over 3 ft. that looked like a fencing foil. My conclusion regarding spike knives...they won't hold a good edge but they are great for throwing and or sticking things including ones self! Several yrs. ago I bought a used MIG welder and a book on welding and soon discovered I had a knack for creating sculpture from the rusty junk I had accumulated. Since then I have attended 12 local art shows earning enough disposable income to upgrade my modest shop and become a respected member of my weekly Texas Hold'um group. I have yet to accomplish my goal however, of forging among other things, a Roman Gladious. To that end I have joined this forum.
Victoritus non Victis (Bloodied but Unbowed)
gimperfi

A friendly greeting to all. I hail from Charlottesville Va. Home of Thomas Jefferson and the UVa. Cavaliers. Since childhood I've had a fasination with edged weapons. Consequently I have made many attempts at creating a useful cutting tool using Wayne Goddards book THE FIFTY DOLLAR KNIFE SHOP as my guide. I've probably forged 50 railroad spikes in his one brick forge. One, I streched to over 3 ft. that looked like a fencing foil. My conclusion regarding spike knives...they won't hold a good edge but they are great for throwing and or sticking things including ones self! Several yrs. ago I bought a used MIG welder and a book on welding and soon discovered I had a knack for creating sculpture from the rusty junk I had accumulated. Since then I have attended 12 local art shows earning enough disposable income to upgrade my modest shop and become a respected member of my weekly Texas Hold'um group. I have yet to accomplish my goal however, of forging among other things, a Roman Gladious. To that end I have joined this forum.
Victoritus non Victis (Bloodied but Unbowed)
gimperfi

If you aim at nothing you will hit the target every time!