I Forge Iron

Got a new devil forge FB2M, Unsure which refractory to repair it with

I purchased a new Devil Forge all-in-one kit here: commercial link removed and after following the instructions to fire it up at low pressure (0.05) for 10-15 minutes with the lid open in order to cure the refractory inside I noticed that the bottom of the forge is now cracked:

kF0EkTK.png

I sent them an email asking which brand of refractory they used but its the weekend and I don't expect a reply before Monday. In the meantime, does anyone have any experience with devil forges and do you recommend any particular refractory to fill in this crack with, or do I even need to worry about this crack in the first place?

WOW! Please reduce the font :o size for your subject line, that had to wrap twice to fit my screen!

I'd ignore that itty bitty crack, it doesn't have to hold molten metal after all. Also most of that will be covered by the plinth and so shielded to a degree.

Good luck getting a response to an online question. Might happen though but . . .

Frosty The Lucky.