I Forge Iron

The vise, its alive !!

yt12

A tale 25 years in the making !! Goes back to my first ventures with on-line auctions---the best kind...2 blocks away and no other bidders, so it was mine for next to nothing. Also a rarity----the poster was honest about the repairs---uber ugly but the vise worked. My plan was to clean up the repair and do a basic clean up,but as sometimes happens-----2 weeks later I came across an old Reed vise about the same size,nearly unused and even better price--free!!--so the old Parker was bound for the "project pile"----flash ahead to today-----came across the project,and been noticing that prices on "old big" vises is getting as nutty as anvil prices around here----thought it was time to make a go of it. For grins, my first look on the bay----a nearly pristine Parker 974 1/2 front jaw---price not too bad !! (more than I paid for the vise)-------now the project begins again !!!----photos to follow.

20220218_154212.jpg

• 2 weeks later...