I Forge Iron

Greetings

bljacque

My name is Jack (aka bljacque) and I wanted to introduce my self to the general membership of I Forge Iron. I'm currently employed by the USMC here in Virginia. Fell in love with the blacksmithing craft about 5 years ago and the affair continues. Hobbies (other than blacksmithing) are motorcycles, wood working/carving and sketching (not too awfully good at the sketching).

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI. Well, my friend, you have hit the mother load for information pretaining to blacksmithing, bladesmithing and anything else having to do with metal work. We go pictures too!! If I may, would you do us and you a favor by clicking on the "User CP" in the green bar at the top of the page and update your profile? This way when you post with a question there may be someone "just up the street" from you that can give you hands on help. It will also help when looking for that new toy...er, I mean new TOOL! ;)
BTW, are you IN the USMC, or a civilian working for them? Either way, THANK YOU for you service. Once again, welcome.

OOH RAH and Semper Fi Jack. Welcome to IFI.
Being located in Va. puts you in the midst of an awful lot of blacksmiths.
Have a look at the "Blacksmithing Groups" forum to find the "Blacksmith Guild of Virginia". It'll be like discovering you are a long lost member of a large extended family...
Good luck! Dan:)

Hello Thomas,
Sorry for getting back to you in such a tardy fashion. Very much looking forward to mining that wealth of information & advice. As for the USMC, I'm a Govt Civilian working for the Marines. Odd that I find myself doing so since I'm retired Army, but I must confess, I do enjoy working for the Marines. Thanks for the tip on updating my profile. I actually tried to do so when I first signed up but kept getting caught up in a loop so left it alone. Nevertheless, will give it another shot.
Regards
Jack aka Bljacque