I Forge Iron

Anyone else in SC TN?

Merlin05

Getting back into blacksmithing; tried it with the Athens AL Forge about 20 years ago but then kids, life, kids, work and kids interrupted the fun.

Retired now to my farm in SC TN, about 40 miles from the Rocket City.

I used to know a married pair of blacksmiths from Chapel Hill TN, but he has since passed; I got some coal from his widow about a year or so ago and now I think she has has passed as well.  :(

Athens Forge meets on the 4th Saturday, so I plan to attend unless my daughter's birthday supersedes it.

Thanks,

Al

You had to ask:  Now I can't recall their names; we would run into each other at various events like at Fall Creek Falls; I'd bring a chair and sit and watch them, talk when they took breaks etc.  Their shop was a couple miles east of CH; I see now that it's a upholstery shop; so I assume she is out of the business entirely now.

After it was too late to edit I realized I may have gotten the wrong name. Sigh, I missed by a country MILE Elmer Roush's partner is or was Linda Metcalf! In Brasstown NC. I don't know what their status is, looks like Elmer is going strong.

Frosty The Lucky.