I Forge Iron

Smokey the new kid =]

smokey888

hey im Tom but people call me Smokey. im only 15 but ive always been interested in this sort of thing. i think it comes from all the fantasy films i watch and all the RPG games i play. ive JUST decided i want to give it a go so anyone tht wants to help me get on my way in what i need to buy, the equipment ill need even the metal i could use and where to get it ill apreciate it. i especialy like swords and sword designs. =]

so ye hey to u guys and thanks to anyone tht will help

Welcome to IFI Tom. My advice would be to start at the start and look at the Getting Started articles then practicing at the "boring" exercises before trying any bladesmith activities. You just have to have the basics before trying to soar like an eagle :)

Welcome Smokey!

You've come to the right place. You'll find lots of help here.

rmcpb's right, you'll need to start with the basics and like anything else that's worth doing, practice -practice-practice. It'll be worth the time you spend doing it.

Don't be shy about asking questions and read everything you can get your hands on about getting started.

Most everything you need to make a modest forge and the tools you need can be gotten inexpensively or made yourself so check out the blueprints section.

Take pictures as you go along and share them with us as it will make it easier to give you suggestions.

Welcome to the club and have fun!