I Forge Iron

personal stamp

Really enjoyed reading the "naming of your own forges" thread and wondered it would be cool to see you guys personal stamps that you mark your own work with and why you came up with that design.i have some ideas in my mind but still not come up with my final idea for my own stamp yet!
Aaron

One thing about a personal stamp It is hard for folks to track down a maker if all they have seen is a piece of work with a touchmark. I stamp forged pieces with my initials. But that would not lead back to me in the future. For my custom knives I use my name, first and last, and the city and state I live in. Google can find me from that. There are a few places that can make a touchmark for you with any name or mark you wish, and in any size.

knife002.jpg
Click to enlarge the image.

My Touchmark is my initials rh, some have misconstrued it to be a pitchfork, others look at it upside down and say it's a cactus and one of my "friends" looked at it and said "you know Mickey Mouse only had 3 fingers."