I Forge Iron

First Project

This my first project that I ever made. I was working for a guy in a oramental iron shop before if got married. I wasn't making much money so I couldn't buy my wife a big fancey gift. So I came up with the idea of making her favorite flower, the Tullip. With a some help from the guy I was working for I made these. The tullip petals are made out of a copper sheet, the stems are 3/8in round stock, the leaves are 3/8in round stock, and the stand is 1/2in square stock that was prerolled. I have now been blacksmithing for 2 years as a hobby and I love it.

Edited by j@j metal works

Exactly. I make something for Deb every now and then and I rarely hear about how much I spend on the pursuit of hot iron.

A smith made a steel rose for our wedding 11 years ago. The smith and I stopped getting along so well and Deb knows the story. Still, that's the one wedding gift that's been on continuous display since we got home. She loves it.

Frosty