I Forge Iron

Converting acme nut to standard thread

Ecross

Ecross:

I plumbed my gas grill and generator along with a heater into a 300 pound tank, it took a bit of creative plumbing.

Your hook up looks easier than what I ended up doing, as long as the tank has a reg on it. I would pull the galvo fitting off, find the brass fitting that your reg screws into and another one that will screw onto the fitting on the tank and you may need another to connect the two.  If you have to run a line from the tank to the shop, I was told to use copper or black iron pipe. Your forge gas line has a reg/pressure gauge in the pic. If your big tank has a reg attached to it, you only have to connect the two.

My problem was a longer run and I needed more pressure for the grill and gen, with a lower pressure line for a house propane heater. The grill and gen also have the hand tighten quick connects. Got 2 portable tank valves from my propane supplier and plumbed them in.

The line going into the house for a heater is double regulated, one reg on the tank, another before the line goes into the house. I needed higher pressure for the grill and a propane generator than the heater needed, so I had the gas company split the line after the tank reg. The heater is on one line with a "house" reg. The second line runs to the grill and generator which each have their own reg.

My local hardware store had the all misc fittings I needed.

Hope this makes some sort of sense