I Forge Iron

Hi from Dorset UK

Hi everyone, just like to introduce myself. My name is Simon from Dorset in the UK. I am a professional Smith and a teacher of forgework. I was introduced to this site by a colleague in the business and will use this a lot for educational and problem solving/advice purposes. I am also the webmaster for the National Blacksmiths Competition Committee who organise the National Blacksmithing Competition held here in the UK over several different agricultural shows throughout the year. Look at the site National Blacksmiths Competition for a better explanation. The competition is open to anyone to enter, although Smiths from outside of UK cannot become national Champion, but that doesn't stop anyone from winning prize money. There are also some pictures of the sort of pieces that are winning prizes. Here's to a long association.
simon

Hi Simon, Welcome to the site, hope to see you and all the other smiths and ironwork on show at the Dorset Show on September 6th and 7th,

Don't forget to post some pictures of the exhibits here for all to see, I know there will be some classy stuff on show, and a good live competition too.