I Forge Iron

Single burner forge

Esot1087

Hello new to forging wondering how long will/should it take for material to come up to forging temp or working temps had forge on for roughly 1/2 hour material for another 20 or so and does not seem to be hot enough ( my heat gun is coming from amazon still not here ) tried to work it but it did not want to move with a 4lb hammer ...... just looking for thoughts and advice thank you in advance. 

Welcome aboard... I always suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum.  READ THIS FIRST  It is full of tips like editing your profile to show your location, never know if there are members close enough to stop by and give a hand. Other tips about how to do the most effective search (the forum search leaves a lot be desired), on downloading pictures and many others some may help in flying under the moderators radar.:)

You have to resize pictures by 50% for them to upload without timing out and getting an error msg.