I Forge Iron

Longtime listener...

soupbone

Hey fellow Smiths and Artists,

My name is Bradley, living in Durham NC. I'm an artist and designer new to blacksmithing. Can't wait to explore and gather as much info as I can. 

I'm about to build a solid fuel forge as well as a propane (at some point,) but I have lots of welding experience so hopefully I'll get it right the first time.

I'll see y'all around.

Bradley "soup" McDevitt

Look into the JABOD just a box of dirt solid fuel forge.  It is easy and quick to build and works.  It can be your first forge, from which you can play in the fire and then learn how to build your second and improved forge.  Pack a lunch and a cold drink and read the sections of interest to you on the site.  Take the information out to the forge and try it out, then come back and ask questions, and back to the forge.  

NCABANA is your local blacksmithing group. Find when they hold meetings, grab a pencil and notebook and go to the meeting.  You will learn more in just a few hours than you can imagine.