I Forge Iron

Hello

delta10

Been lurking around the boards for a long time now. thought i would at least introduce myself and say hi. I'm pretty new to blacksmithing. my uncle has been doing it for 13 years or more and i got interested about a year or two ago. i don't have too many tools yet. i have a 100lb Hay Budden anvil, a gas forge and i'm still working on getting the post vise. it's pretty much just a "whenever i can" hobby since my time is split with my job, school and family. hopefully one day i'll get as good as some of you out there. I've seen the pictures and i have to say there are some very talented people that post here, actually i haven't seen a bad picture yet. Keep up the good work everybody.

Howdy from East Texas and welcome to IFI! Looking at your "name" I'm assuming you are from Mississippi but there are several 'deltas' in the South! If you would, go tho the top of the page and click on "User CP" and edit your profile by saying where you live. You'd be surprised at how many folks may be in your area....and there may be that vise you have been looking for just minutes from you. But we won't know that until you help us out some.... ANYWAY.... glad you are here and as you know we do love pictures!!:) OH yeah, get your uncle to register too. I'm sure he could add to the great site.

Delta10 welcome to I Forge Iron.
It always pleases me to here that someone else has become interested in what I believe to be a fascinating journey into learning a craft that is the foundation of modern living as we know it.
I agree with Thomas Dean when he suggested that you share information about where you are located. In the long run, to know where you are located helps you and all others who may live near you to communicate and be able to assist each other.
Sounds like you have found the right place. Enjoy!
Ted