I Forge Iron

Trenton 138# with a custom cast iron stand

Welcome to IFI. I suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum,  l READ THIS FIRST  like resizing your pictures so they don't take up so much bandwidth/data.

I have seen several cast iron stands but none that look exactly like yours. Is there any name on it? Where in the world are you located?

There dont seem to be any markings on the stand. The reason I say custom is that the stand is obviously made to match the shape of this size anvil. Possibly many different Trenton anvils have the same size base and would fit

Does anyone know the approximate date of manufacture based on the serial number that looks like A45888

So you would say that every hood on every car made is "custom" because they are made to fit the car they go on?

I use the term custom (UK "bespoke") for items that are unique/low run and made by specific request for a specific item/use.  So if I went to a foundry and asked them to cast an anvil stand to go with my 469# Fisher and made to match my particular body dimensions. It would be custom.

If I open the catalog and call up the manufacturer and say I was anvil item number 12345 with cast iron stand that goes with it, I would not consider it custom.

The Cast iron anvil stand I own is not used as it supports any anvil I own that fits it below my normal work zone. If the anvil and stand you have is the correct height for you then you are one lucky devil and I envy you greatly.