I Forge Iron

Well I don't know what I bought for sure but it's out in the trunk under some cloth so the MRS. don't see it. It's a Lincoln wire feed welder with an attachment for gas shield. I just got it a HD for $400 Marked down from $650. She'll get suspicious if I go out there now but I think it has a 175 on the side. Did I do OK?

DONE GOOD. I personnally prefer Miller over Lincoln as far a wire welders go, but I would have probably bought it.;) Now repeat after me..."But Honey, I NEED this wire welder. I can do SO much more with it and it will save me time AND make US MONEY" Now, committ this to memory and when needed just insert whatever tool you just bought in place of the 'wire welder'. Works for me....:) yeah RIGHT! (well it does sometimes...)

Do get a bottle of shield gas though, your welds will not only look better but it is easier to weld with gas shielded wire. Now, be a man....go get the welder out of the car! :)

I have had Miller and Airco Mig and Tig(watercooled) I have the Lincoln SP170T and it is a good unit- It was the "take to the track for emergency repairs" welder and bounced around with a winged Sprint Car for a fair number of years and it is still going strong. I think you got a deal- enjoy it. PS- for serious 4130 welding it was Tig relieved with OA or just OA.

The only real problem that I saw with it was it was 220V and not 110V. I now have to get an extension cord big enough to get it out of the garage. Our homeowners insurance does not allow welding in the garage. It is still in the trunk.:rolleyes: When my back gets a little better I will have to do some test welds with this thing.