I Forge Iron

Hoping to find someone that would be willing to teach me

BCoffman79

My name is Brian Coffman and I live in Wilmore Ky. Finding this trade of bladesmithhing has honestly kept me alive. 7 months ago I lost my family. My wife of 17 years and my 4 wonderful boys. I haven't seen or heard my wife's voice in 7 months now and I've only seen my boys 3xs for a total of 8 hours in 7 months. A divorce is enough to drive any man crazy. One day as I was starring at there pictures I noticed forged in fire on TV. I was completely hooked from that first episode. I made 4 knives for my boys not the best looking knives but they loved them. To make a long story short. Making knives keeps my mind occupied and also wears me out where I can actually sleep at nights which is the hardest time for me. So  if there is anyone that would be willing to teach me some tips or just let me come watch them once or twice that lives near Wilmore I would GREATLY appreciate it     I would be willing to drive an hour or so just to learn. I'm sorry for the long story I wrote it's not intended to be a sob story I just really wanted to thank everyone on here for the great advice. I do alot of reading and studying on this site when I'm not in the building. If anyone would be interested in teaching me some of the he trade