I Forge Iron

Help identifying this beast

Hello  fellow  steel  workers 

I  purchased this anvil about a year ago, out here in Oregon  we pay big for  anvil's, anyway I'm hoping that  someone  can help me  or get close on who made this  beast, 228 pounds, Forge welded feet markings are on the side when horn is facing  left,  just a couple of  faint numbers hard face appears to be  forge welded to  body, any help would be  very  appreciated 

20190130_201201.jpg

15489084474592446625122968140402.jpg

Welcome to ifi... Have you read this yet? READ THIS FIRST -

It will help getting the best out of the forum. We won't remember you are in Oregon once leaving this post, hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show it.

Most anvils I have seen are marked on the opposite side of the picture (horn facing right). It looks like a very good anvil, provided no one has welded or ground on the face. would love to see more pictures of it.

As it seems Oddly enough there are no marking on let's say the correct side just on the side showing, I have been looking all over trying to figure`it's Possible origin to no Avail

I updated my profile and even put up a profile picture so Ya'll can see my ugly Mug. Hopefully someone can help identify this thing, It has been welded on the top plate edges but I'm not a collector just someone needing a good heavy Anvil.

20190131_132640.jpg

20190131_132737.jpg

20190131_132801.jpg

20190131_132818.jpg

20190131_132838.jpg

20190131_132902.jpg

20190131_132929.jpg

20190131_132951.jpg

20190131_135324.jpg

Place of origin: England; probably dates to mid-late 19th century.  Anvil designs tended not to be specific to a single manufacturer back then; especially as many of the smaller manufacturers first learned the trade working in the factory of one of the big makers.

Do the ring and ball bearing test. if they pass then it doesn't matter WHO made it!   (It's possible to have a bad anvil from a good manufacturer due to abuse or structure fires, if you want to use it, test the usability and get off TDC!)

The rebound with 1 inch ball bearing is not good but I use it all the time working hot steel with a 2 or 3 pound hammer the rebound is IMO very good Mostly just curious of who made it, I plan to have a friend reface it He has been doing blacksmithing for many years  and has a machine shop and the know how.