I Forge Iron

Knife #4

Lar45

My buddy Wayne saw the pairing knife I made for the wife and mentioned that he could use one slightly bigger as a hunting knife.

The Blade is 52100 and the scales are black and orange G10.  Wayne is a vet so I used some pins that are supposed to look like dog paws.  I thought that I had them lined up before the glue set but they turned out off a little bit.  I'll pay closer attention on the next one.  I used a Nickel silver tube for the lanyard hole.  It is scary sharp and shaves with ease.  I just hope the edge will hold up during hunting season.

wayne-03.jpg

wayne-04.jpg

wayne-05.jpg

Never been a huge fan of straight handles but it works for this knife and the handle material looks good, the paws pins where a nice touch too so good work man looks cool.

if there was one small thing I would say to try end remove the glue from where the knife starts and the handle material begins, but maybe it shows up more on a photo than in real life, not a big deal, its function is always to be nr1 and that looks like it will work great so, good stuff.