I Forge Iron

May Meeting

We gathered at the Ag Museum today and did an inventory of the items. It was decided that a lot of the older equipment that does not get used will be offered as tailgate items at the conference. Posters for the conference were there and everyone that had a worthy location in mind to place one got what they needed. We did an overall clean-up in the tool area and hauled off the garbage. Jim did a green coal class with a couple new members and made fire pokers. Tommy Ward brought the side draft hood proto-type to the meeting and is going to meet with Laurel Machine to discuss any alterations that may be needed. As far as the conference is concerned people will start rolling in around Noon on Wednesday the 21st and we will get ready for the Wolfs head classbeginning Thursday morning. Don't forget to bring something for the auction Saturday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't we usually have an "Iron in the hat" for Friday night? If so it might be a good idea to bring some items for that.

While I am thinking about it...

What if we offered college folks with ID's a discount to the conference? I remember those years being pretty tight financially. Probably a discussion for next year but I want it to be brought up. I want to invite others but sometimes hesitate thinking they will be put off by the cost.

Jon