BP0247 Carving Blocks
BP0114 Carving Block
BP0108 Carving Block
BP0139 Creating an Illusion
BP0233 Eye Punch
BP0125 Wolf Head
BP0483 Wizard Head

Bill Epps Forging books Book 1
available in the IForgeIron store details how to make the following projects from metal. Step-by-step steps with illustrations

An Angel
Butterfly
Dove
Eagle
Winged Dragon

Bill Epps Forging books Book 2
available in the IForgeIron store details how to make the following projects from metal. Step-by-step steps with illustrations

Dragon
Bill's Hummingbird
Dragonfly
Wizard Letter Opener
Tennessee Troll
Swan

Bill Epps Forging books Book 3

Ram Head
Horse Head
Long Horn
Real Horse Shoe
Snake

Bill Epps Forging books Book 4

Leaf Keyring
Heart Hook
Scorpion
Rosebud
Rose
Apple

agrinsh1,
You can find them in the blueprints. There is also a long list of projects on anvilfire.com
I have used some of the instruction from Bill Epps. When I followed the instruction step by step, I was very pleased with the final product.
Good Luck,
Jerry

My main art is wood. I have read where one makes a "mock-up" in a easier material such as clay. How you intend to make the heads does make a difference in how you make your mock-up.

If you make it with sheets of metal bent, formed, shaped for just the outside, one might use plastic sheets and heat them to get them to the shape. Or one could use some of the poly clay that can be baked to hold their shape.
Solid heads could be made with a block of clay or shaped out of wood.
It is good to have a nice model of a head, possibly an artist's positionable horse models or simply a toy.
A lot depends on how well you can see and work in three dimensions.

Good luck.