I Forge Iron

For my wife and me...

Badger1875

After a very long time bladesmithing and knifemaking, I made a pair of neckies for my wife and me:

48.jpg

Ivory from mammoth tusk and 300-layer damascus steel, with a layer of red and blue fiber on each side with German silver pins.
the bigger one is 7 " long, 1 " wide an 1/8 " thick, tip and edge are zero

the smaller one is 6 " long 1 " wide and 3/32 " thick, tip and edge are also zero

In former times I never had the money to buy some of my knives... :D:D:D

Hope you like them...

Badger

The sorts of steel used in this damascus billet were a mangan alloyed steel, nickel alloyed steel and some slices of the 105 mm barrel from the famous Leopard tank from the German Army.
The small blade is with a small pyramide and the bigger one with a ladder design.

Glad you like them!

Badger

Where do you get mammoth tusk? To they farm raise them in Germany? Nice job.

Where from? Correct guess! My next door neighbor does. He herds a small flock in the next valley up north from my house. Whenever I need a piece, I walk over with a saw and get me what I need, afterwards I pay them with a bushel of oats or a bale of long cut alfalfa hay. Never had problems with them, really good folks. Every now and then I get over there, we have a good time. My kids go for a ride and when they have time, they help me out in my lumber biz, too!!!
:P:p:p

No, just kidding! Good stuff from Siberia, prime A quality and fair price.

Badger

Great looking knives, Badger!!

I always like the look of the fiber spacers in handles...

On a side note, I've made "neo-mammoth faux-ivory" by giving my dogs big cow bones to chew on then burying the bones in the pasture for a year or so...
turns out great looking ! :):P:)