I Forge Iron

Seaxes in works

Sam Salvati

3 seaxes fresh from the forge, all 5160. The small brokeback needs a bit more forging, gotta shape the handle up a bit more, the big langseax needs the bevels forged in also but the other is done. All 3 are going to be hammer finish forged down real close, pinned slabs as soon as I get around to it:o. The langseax has a chisel work celtic style dog's head on the end of the tang, the creative muse really slapped me across the face tonight:p:thumbup:. I know the dog head does not have an eye I am going to make a special eye punch for it. The teeth go all the way around, it's a cool effect, you also cannot make out the nostrils too well either punched from the end. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

I also have another fantasy style-ish knife I did, was too hot though to bring home from the shop at the end of the day, it's a neat shape. Wanna try my hand at some Pukkoa tommorrow maybe also.

5592.attach

5593.attach

5594.attach

5595.attach

5596.attach

5597.attach

I Mean Dog!
I Knew It Was A Dog .:rolleyes:

No worries Pete, It is more like a wolf than a dog, that's a cooler idea thanks:D. I got a good bit done on the long one, all forged and rough ground just have to straighten a bit of twist from the forging, and drill the handle holes and it is ready to be added to the stack of blades ready to be heat treated. All the shape is forged, except for just a bit of cleanup to straighten the edge, and the edge grind.

Sorry for the crappy pictures.

5657.attach

5658.attach

5659.attach