I Forge Iron

Air dropped hammer

Hi everyone. 

Sorry i am new here. So i don't know how to use this? 

Please help me i need information about air dropped hammer. 

Actually i bout a used hammer.  I did repair hammer. It is 150 kg stock.

After repair i start it is fine but the stock is not 150 kg.

It is very less than 150 kg. So please tell me which part i need to check or replace to get 150 kg stock.

It will be appreciated. 

IMG-20170310-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20170310-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20160420-WA0001.jpg

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header it will really help with many things. Heck there might be an Iforge member living down the street from you even, it's happened to me a couple times now.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "stock". If you mean the hammer ram often called a "Tup" in old power hammers most don't weigh as much as the rating implies. Especially if you remove the dovetail and die. I THINK maybe the 150kg on yours and the 300lbs. on the one I was part owner of referred to the maximum weight. That's just speculation on my part though.

There are guys who do repair and restoration work on power hammers like yours here on Iforge, I expect one or more will speak up soon and correct me. 

Good to have you, what are you going to make with that old work horse of a power hammer?

Frosty The Lucky.