I Forge Iron

foot vise

JerryCarroll

• 2 weeks later...
vise10.jpg

we'll see if I can post an image. This is a pic of my foot vise in the shop here at home. Same brand, different dies. I'd like to find another for the trailer shop. I use it most days. Twisting the most or just to grab for a third hand. I also use mine for distance marking (bends) of up to 1/2 square or rounds. Ash tray sets on it too. :) Mine ain't bolted down and in my small shop, it can be moved around as needed.

Edit: photo added

• 3 months later...

i had the chance to use a vice like this once and fell in love with the tool. we called it a 'kick vice'. id love to have one built or found for reasonable (read that as cheap)price.
they are nice to save yourself from losing to much heat when cranking a regular vice to hold your work.

• 4 weeks later...

hi jerry, didnt get any photos of yours and couldnt find them on the site you mentioned. Jr's photo doesnt (to me ) make it clear how it works, got any pictures that more clearly show pivot points etc. with a view to makin one?
Your quote does me good everytime i see it, cheers, geoff

Geoff, the posting are still there, "Rich-s vise 11.jpg" posted 10-15-05. Look under "Drop box files" in the "R's" bout 3/4 way down the page. If you still can't get them email me and I'll send them. Put "Rich's vise" as the subject so's you don't get spamed out.